I am really late with this one I know but my season’s greetings will be the goodbye to 2016’s festive season.
This season is usually hard for the following reasons:
- It is so busy and noisy which means there is no silence when it’s needed the most, so naps are limited etc.
- Having to decorate actually takes its toll on me, so my spoons run out in the blink of an eye.
- Everyone is so happy and joyful, but I usually feel down because I am reminded of how much I have lost because of my health when I see my family & friends.
- Emergency hospital trips take longer because the emergency room is now filled to the brink with many, drunk people who were reckless because of their state of mind.
- It is nearly impossible to get a hold of any of your doctors if something goes wrong so now you have to deal with doctors and nurses who think you’ve lost your mind.
- You are reminded of the loved ones who aren’t with you any longer just by looking around the room.
Needless to say my experiences with this time of year isn’t always positive, add to that the fact that I have an alcoholic or 2 around me pissing me off you have a disaster on your hands… But this year was different, yeah it was busy and naps were limited. Sure spoons were lost but Christmas day was absolutely amazing and I would redo it if I had the chance.
We had so much fun, which was needed after a really difficult year behind us all. I wasn’t drunk I didn’t have alcohol in my system but it felt like I’d take some liquid joy and had one big ball of a time. It was raining I thought the weather would spoil the fun but not even that could stop our amazing day. We danced until midnight, our cellphones were left behind and there was not a face without a smile that evening.
Now that it is over I can honestly say it was of our best Christmas celebrations in years and it was the first we’ve held at our house in 10+ years.
Our plans for New Year’s Day has not been discussed as yet so maybe it’ll be a nice classic South African braai with some swimming if the weather agrees of course.
So to all of you who take the time to read this post and any of my other post I hope you had a lovely Christmas and may your New Year be prosperous and joyful.
Until next time 🙂